My first montage

Discussion in 'Media' started by Florian, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Florian

Florian New Member

i made my first montage hope you enjoy!

2. Kanas

Kanas Member

nice

3. nobody

nobody Active Member

I liked it - as a first.

You know about some technical editing tools, such as lens distortion, slow motion and etc.

What you need to work on now:
    - Keep the beat at the beat and don't miss any, as it works as a main function of leading the viewer to a special place of fullness. It is like feeding someone with food, and hitting the beat with a right edited footage is just delish! Just making an edit with right hitted beats is also quite the talent! You - actually - rarely see a video that has a beat 100 percent syncronized. Kudos to you if you could get that done though!
    - Don't overdo it! A lot of people tend to just pop in with a lot of tools as I mentioned above, and it really doesn't fit as good as it does. You know, just doing a basic edit with beat-syncronization is actually kind of neat! But when you include a featured editing tool such as let us say Lens Distortion, you have to make an effort and mate in in with the beat, the footage and the edit at whole. This is when the editing tool actually benefits. Also with the blurs and etc. Be careful not to over them as it really can either mess up or sicken the video - in either a good or bad way; Make sure to know that you are always taking a risk adding another editing tool into the edit!
    - You have lovely footage! Not a lot of people can have rendered smooth footage like that, so make good use of it and the thing about smooth footage is that it enhances the outcome as following: If the edit is bad - double bad. If the edit is good - double good. If the edit is the shit - killer! This is also one of the reasons why hammy could blow away his audience as he knew that smooth rendered footage was the way to go. It is proper eye candy in a very appropriate manner!
    (PRO-TIP) About the font and etc. in the intro and first parts of the edit; If you really want to blow people away, you could start trying out working with C4D (Cinema 4D). It is a professional worksheet for people who works with four-dimensional objects and more abstract technical assessment - some game companies actually uses this to provide tests for new items into their games!
    Some people found out that C4D could make killer introes to just overall youtube main intros, but ALSO for montage and editing throughout the videos.
    Here is a great example of the way C4D is included in a video that fits the theme, and also all the other tips I mentioned above - this could be you with the knowledge and experience though:

The C4D incorporation(0:02-0:30). The add-on fore/back- ground(0:25-0:30 - he actually always has SOME back/fore- ground incorporated, as the sun-flare, citations(INCOMING! OWNED!) and the arrow, but I just wanted to show the camera as it would make more sense to you). The Lens Distortion Incorporation he uses to transmit from one clip to another - almost as a connector, but also as a synchronizer for the beats whenever a kill is made for the extra feeling ya know/feed(1:42-1:44 transmitting from one clip to another, he also uses a lot of other editing tools to transmit, but that isn't really the focus, as it pretty much harder and not what a first-timer should be spending his/her time doing). The blur works as a way to access a spot-on and focus on things the sender/editor wants the audience/viewer to notice and also a nice way to incorporate other following post-edit tool(s) - weird I know, but works great and as you can see. It is pretty much used all over the video. (0:41 focus plus the citation for a doper post-edit tool look). And the best part about it is, that he doesn't miss a god damned beat! It really captivates you in an indescribable way, doesn't it. By the way, it may look like he does overdo it, but the fact that he takes the risk and still gets it done is what makes it look THAT much more "killer".
    As you can see, all of it really gives someone a kick - as you may feel yourself after watching it - to be motivated, rewatch, like and subscribe(if that gets you onboard), as it really is worth it! But beware that the previous edit I showed you is in another class of editing and it really has taken some time for this guy to get done with it - he in fact has been editing for about 4-5 years now and as you can see, it really reflects upon his editing skills. You won't get this kind of result after just some days of editing - get yourself ready for hard work and afterwards you can see yourself with a nice epic(even better!) edit, who knows?(!)

I hope my feedback helped you and that you will consider trying it out - it really benefits! I can assure you that! ;)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  4. Florian

Florian New Member

Thanks alot for the most deitaled feedback i have gotten in a long time, i am planning to put in some more work hours into the next edit and i will most definitely use your tips <3

5. YaMiMariK Andrew.DCrow

YaMiMariK Andrew.DCrow New Member