Why should I play this game?

Discussion in 'Game Discussions' started by Seyer, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Seyer

Seyer New Member

If I'm being honest, there is little to no incentive at all to play this game.

The only thing that keeps me playing (keep in mind I started 3-4 days ago and I'm already getting upset and thinking of quitting, is the nostalgia and amazing times I used to have with this game.

Here is why I feel this way.
    • I get kicked from every room: In MVS, as bad as it may sound, I had convinced the Support Team to give me a ton of kick-protect tickets because I gave proof that I was legit and that there were tens of accounts of me being unfairly kicked from rooms. Even against some of the best players, I win without much effort, and it's fun, yeah, but it's terrible just knowing if you do well you'll just get kicked because people are salty.
    • There is next to no rewards for playing: I know I joined at the wrong time, but at the moment there is no public events like what you guys had last Halloween. The incentive to actually do well in this game is completely ruined by the fact that people earn the same amount of EXP/MP basically no matter how good or bad they do in a match. This promotes people to stay bad at the game, and basically never improve, while skillful players on the other hand, get nearly the same reward. I remember doing well in rooms in MVS and getting upwards of like 4000 EXP because of how well I did in Zombie Mode or something, and that's no longer possible from my understanding.
    • You basically get trapped into having to buy RT: The only way to obtain permanent weapons at the moment is from the Capsule, and the rates of winning are absolutely terrible if you aren't willing to spend RT, out of ~100,000 MP I won 2 out of the 7 weapons needed, which in MVS I would have already been able to buy 5 permanent weapons, and keep in mind that you earned more MP/EXP in MVS. You end up spending basically all of your MP, desperate to get weapons that make you fit into the game and not do next to no damage, so you end up spending RT to get some, I can guarantee that's how the majority of people got lured into spending money on this game.
    • The cheating/toxicity is incredibly common: Is there any moderation in this game at all? I haven't seen a single room be closed, a single blatant cheater be kicked from a room that is jumping across the map, killing everyone from any range with a melee, nobody actually punished for verbal abuse or harassment, which for me at least, happens on multiple occasions a day, and from what I've heard is incredibly common throughout the community. Are you guys actually going to just let that go?
    In conclusion: There are pros and cons to playing this game, but the cons could easily be eliminated and many more people would play this game, coming from someone who put 80+ days of playtime, 3000$+ spent on RT, effort into practice and getting better, grinding for a better inventory, meeting new friends and people to play with, I have little to no encouragement to do any of that. I see this game as a great opportunity to be a much improved version of MVS, and in many ways it is, but not enough is being done to keep it in a good state.

Titan and Frostyy like this.
  2. NojaMan

NojaMan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey.
    First of all, I fully agree with you about every sentence, but every concern mentioned above can be fixed.

I feel you about getting kicked without any reason and just for playing good. Feel free to report the kick and the player who kicked you to any staff member. (Yes, you don't know who kicked you, but you may ask other players from the room).
    Provide a screenshot with the name of the kicked and send it to any staff member on forum or on discord (I invite you to join our discord server and you can report any player faster).

The XP & MP is alright since it's based on playtime and you cannot cheat with it. You also get battery along XP & MP + daily gift if you play 30 minutes which is good in my opinion, but not the best option.

I agree. The chances to the MP capsule machine are pretty low, but I won many weapons from the MP capsule without many MP wasted. I spin only 5 times once or twice. Here I have a strategy for you:
    Play full basic so you don't have to repair your items. Play zombie mode (it lasts much and you get more XP and MP). Play like 2 games of 7+ rounds and you can see that you will not waste MP anymore for repairing items and your MP will have a bigger amount.
    -Play in weekends. Every weekend there is an XP & MP event.

As I said above, in case you see toxic players in the game you may feel free to contact a staff member.
    I can't say anything about staff members being inactive in the game. I am not a staff member, but I log in every day to check the lobby and the servers.
    If you don't see them online it doesn't mean they are offline.

Any problem you have contact a staff member or even me in a private message.
    Have a good day ~

3. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

What about a better protection for game ? It will solve all our problems . And about permanent weapons , from my point of view ho w it is rn is good because i , personally , dont want to see ppl with unl items and nice weapons in every corner , you need to work hard for it .

DjeBeNa likes this.
  4. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Honestly, making it difficult to get permanent weapons just punishes those who can't buy RT. There is no "you need to work for it" when you can just drop $25(55k or so) and get a perm weapon much easier. Also, you must have forgotten how hard it is to upgrade weapons. People can get perm weapons and have them stuck on LVL1 for weeks. For instance, my grenade failed about 5 times to LVL2. It takes forever to rack up battery and MP for upgrades. I don't see what harm it could do to get perm weapons easier because the upgrade system is enough of a handicap to prevent everyone from running around with “nice weapons in every corner.”

We recently had a Valentine capsule event which followed a Christmas one. They also did an event where playing any of the two Item Matches (modes) gave you candies that could be used to redeem FREE accessories. You just weren't fortunate enough to join during the events. In addition, I believe they do a FaceBook thing every week where you can get FREE rewards like coins, battery, and EXP/MP bonuses.

Why do people hate on everyone getting the same EXP/MP so much? Y'all care too much about the color and number next to your name. However, I don't see a problem with giving everyone the same amount of MP but have the EXP amount differ based on how well you do. A less inexperienced player shouldn't be punished too much for being new to the game. They need MP to buy clothes, accessories, and temporarily weapons. I just find it selfish to want to hog all the mp because you're “better.”

“This promotes people to stay bad at the game.”

Farmers will be farmers, campers will be campers, and spammers will be spammers no matter how much exp or mp they're getting. I just see people stacking and camping more for easier EXP & MP.

I agree with you here. It shouldn't be this hard to get permanent weapons. The good thing about this version is that all weapons have the same stats, so once you do get all the weapons you need for a complete set then you're good to go. That is unless you're all for cosmetics and trying to get whatever looks good.

Sometimes you gotta take your own steps. I agree that the moderation in this game is lacking, but sometimes you have to take personal measures. If someone is simply harassing you without any actual action (i.e. kicking) then block them. It's like you're just standing in the rain with a closed umbrella- getting soaked- if you decide to just ignore this feature. Seems that a lot of people forget they can ESC > Block All Chat. Then after the match is done add them to your actual block list. I believe they should bring back the ability to see who is kicking you too. That way it's easier to go through with their established process of punishing people that rage kick. Most of the time I don't even remember who was in the room, and even better, if I do and message them, they don't reply with the name of the person who kicked me. Dead end method. I really promote reporting people who do harass or hack via screenshots. Not to say I'm a saint, but they need to see that being an a-hole earns you a-hole rewards.

Any action taking will produce more pros and cons till it's an endless cycle. You can see by how our opinions differ with some points that fixing some points you mentioned (that will make you happier with the game) would just make others upset. You and I both want to see improvement in this game, but “cons” are never easily solved without repercussions.

Kazuro and Frostyy like this.
  5. Frostyy

Frostyy New Member

Damn right, that's how bad this game is. Also feel free to check my forum post about this game :p
    https://www.toyheroes.net/forum/index.php?threads/toyheroes-rip-game-dead.6758/

6. Seyer

Seyer New Member

I wasn't too clear about the EXP and MP, let me rephrase that. I feel very odd about how it currently works. At the moment, you can just sit in a room, do literally nothing besides moving occasionally, and get 1000+ EXP/MP out of a long match. I feel like if it was a mix between how it is now, and what it used to be, it would be in a great spot. I wanted to try and say that good players should be rewarded, but not imply that worse players should be punished. The worse players should be given a normal amount of MP and EXP, but people who do well in the match should have an extra benefit, like for winning, you could receive a 20% bonus on both for that match, or something like that. It would allow players that are lacking skill to want to learn how to play better because there's a reward to it. This sort of system wouldn't hurt anyone, it would just add more of an incentive to learn how to play and for good players to play more (higher player count overall).

7. Titan

Titan Active Member

I agree with you on everything you said :(

8. TheTrusted

TheTrusted Active Member

People if you don't like the game, then don't spent your time on complaining through the forums, it's only annoying and it doesn't help anyone. If you want to keep the game alive, be happy with what we have and just play it. Otherwise stay off the game and don't complain.

9. nobody

nobody Guest

Get a great computer and slay some hutcharootchas in FFA - redeem yourself and leave a dramatic exit for the room to know who the hell they were dealing with.

Not only does this prove your honed skills and that you are a force to be reckoned with, but also a big confidence booster. I always feel like conquering the world after slaying a battle of FFA(compared to the fact that my computer aka. toaster can't launch this game properly).

Simple; if life[or anything else in particular] gives you nothing, then take that nothing and make something out of it. Whenever you play THO or MV, you probably already realize that you are bound to end the session with a bad taste in your mouth and a toxic outlook on everything. Just grow yourself a niche in the game, do whatever makes you feel the greatest and, actually, have a blast while playing.
    We may discredit trolls for acting strangely inappropriate, but at least they are making something out of nothing. Just saying.

Hazzible and Titan like this.
  10. Kazuro

Kazuro Active Member

???
    They just want to talk about the problems in Toy heroes.

EpicWTF and Titan like this.
  11. Moshu

Moshu New Member

its called feedback

EpicWTF likes this.
  12. YukiGasai

YukiGasai New Member

I always ignore any kind of hate, unfortunately there will be people like that in any kinds of games. :(

13. Kleimw

Kleimw Active Member

Just do it like me and find a purpose to play, for me it's leading my clan, making cws and staying at the top.
    Once the season is over and the clan scores are reseted though, retirement.

14. EAZY

EAZY New Member

u can fix few things you mentioned but cannot do anything about those fake toxic kids in this game

15. Makyahton

Makyahton New Member

I Don't have anything that makes me wanna play the game either, the only thing they add are new items to the game, because thats about it in what they can actually do, so thats all they do, but when they increased the mp cost of spinning it was kinda it for me, that was when i noticed that im not gonna put in more money, that was one of their most stupid decisions so far. It just shows how money horney they are.

Thats it for me!